Initially I thought art journal layered pages were simple. I would grab a variety of products and tools and throw anything and everything on a page. Most of my layered pages look like I threw them against a wall. SPLAT!!! So, when I created the page above, I realized that there are a few guidelines that I could think about as I was adding layers.
My Art Journal Layering Guidelines
- Pick fewer colors (4 or 5) Those colors could be varied on a page with white, black or gray.
- Pick colors that do not make mud ( Complementary colors will make mud)
- Repeat Elements using different colors ( Circles, numbers, triangles)
- Layer with a few stencils or stamps ( I used most of my stencils on one page)
- Know your product (Which product is water soluble or not)
Have you tried adding layers to your art journal pages? If so, what guidelines would you suggest for adding layers?