Documented Life Project
Each Saturday you can go to Art to the 5th Academy blog and view the journal page ideas. There is a Theme for each month, an Art Challenge and a Journal Prompt. You can choose which one you would like to make a page about. Also, each Saturday you can view videos of the challenges and photos from guest artists or from the creators of Documented Life. You can go to Art to the 5th blog here.
Layers You Will Love!
Art Challenge: When Not To Stop
Journal Prompt: “Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough!” (Ooh)
I chose the Journal Prompt: “Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough.”
There are 10 layers on this journal page.
- I began with Light Green Paint by Claudine Hellmuth. I added marks in the paint while it was wet (Top left picture).
- Second, I added Teal and Orange Claudine Hellmuth paint (Top left picture).
- Third, I stamped a Checkered background stamp using Watering Can Archival ink (Top left picture).
- After that, I added Modern Red paint by Claudine Hellmuth through Dina Wakley’s Halves Stencil (Top left picture).
- Next, I used a Stabilo pencil to outline Dina Wakley’s Halves Stencil (Top left picture).
- I rubbed a little of Dina Wakley’s Umber paint around the edges (Bottom left picture).
- Then, I glued Tim Holtz’s Postale Tissue Wrap with Matte Gel Medium (Bottom left picture).
- I stenciled triangles using Julie Balzer’s Patterns stencil and Dina Wakley’s Night paint (Bottom left picture).
- Next, I stenciled strips using Julie Balzer’s Patterns stencil and Dina Wakley’s Turquoise paint.
- Finally, I stamped Donna Downey’s Large Flower Foam Stamp using black acrylic paint (Large Picture on the Right).